BRS demands cancellation of PM Ekta Mall tender, seeks CBI and CAG probe

BRS MLC Dasoju Sravan has demanded cancellation of the PM Ekta Mall tender in Hyderabad and sought probes by the CBI, CAG and Lokpal. He alleged project expansion, increased costs, lack of approvals and irregularities benefiting private developers.

Published Date – 21 August 2026, 08:47 PM

BRS demands cancellation of PM Ekta Mall tender, seeks CBI and CAG probe
Dasoju Sravan

Hyderabad: BRS MLC Dasoju Sravan demanded cancellation of the ongoing tender process for the proposed PM Ekta Mall in Hyderabad and sought a probe by the CBI, Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) and Lokpal into alleged irregularities in the project. He also challenged the Revanth Reddy government to a debate on the issue in the Assembly and the Council. He said BRS was ready to place all documents and evidence before the legislature.

He said the Centre had already sought a comprehensive report from the State government following BRS working president KT Rama Rao’s letter regarding the project.


Addressing a press conference at Telangana Bhavan here on Friday, Sravan said the Congress government had altered the original project, which was proposed to promote traditional artisans, into a major real estate venture benefiting private developers. He stated that the project approved during the previous BRS government was limited to six floors with a built-up area of 2.12 lakh sq ft and an estimated cost of Rs 202 crore.

However, Sravan said the current Congress government expanded it to twin towers of 43 floors and increased the built-up area to nearly 27 lakh sq ft without securing the required central approval. Further, he alleged that excavation costs were increased from Rs 7.78 crore to Rs 26.04 crore and questioned the work being undertaken without requisite approvals.

“How could the government itself violate rules and invite tenders without required permissions from relevant agencies? Will they allow a citizen to construct even a hut without permission?” he asked.

The BRS MLC said 6 acres and 12 guntas of land belonging to Telangana State Leather Industries Promotion Corporation Limited (LIPCO), which is valued at around Rs 1,300 crore, was being transferred to private companies in the name of freehold conversion. He also raised questions over the tender process and alleged manipulation to favour a consortium involving Vamsiram and Aparna Builders.

[]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *