Komatireddy Venkat Reddy suspects officials’ role in adding properties to 22-A list

Roads and Buildings Minister Komatireddy Venkat Reddy has suspected that some officials from the previous government may have been involved in placing properties on the 22-A prohibited list. He promised a comprehensive inquiry and strict action against those found responsible.

Published Date – 18 August 2026, 06:17 PM

Komatireddy Venkat Reddy suspects officials’ role in adding properties to 22-A list
Komatireddy Venkata Reddy

Nalgonda: Courting controversy, Roads and Buildings Minister Komatireddy Venkat Reddy has suspected that some officials who played key roles during the previous government’s tenure might have been involved in including properties in the prohibited category under Section 22-A.

“I suspect there is a conspiracy to tarnish the government’s reputation. We will conduct a comprehensive inquiry into the 22-A list. Strict action is inevitable against anyone found responsible,” Venkat Reddy said, according to reports.


Speaking to mediapersons here on Tuesday, the Minister assured that the government would ensure justice for the victims. “No applications are required and no money needs to be paid. We will investigate whether this happened inadvertently or was done deliberately,” he said.

Venkat Reddy also claimed that he had informed Chief Minister A Revanth Reddy four months ago that 42,000 acres in Yadagirigutta had been placed on the prohibited list. “Some officials might have done this intentionally. Action would be taken against the officials responsible. The issue of 30 per cent commissions would also come to light during the investigation,” he said.

“We will release a white paper on this matter after the Chief Minister’s US tour. I will not tolerate any injustice caused to the poor and middle class regarding the 22-A list. The Opposition’s criticism is false and baseless,” Venkat Reddy added.

[]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *