BRS launches legal cell for victims affected by 22A restrictions

The BRS has set up a legal cell at Telangana Bhavan to provide free assistance to people affected by properties being included in the 22A prohibited list. Harish Rao announced a 10-member panel of advocates and demanded immediate relief.

Published Date – 19 August 2026, 05:01 PM

BRS launches legal cell for victims affected by 22A restrictions
Harish

Hyderabad: The BRS has set up a legal cell at Telangana Bhavan to provide free legal assistance to people affected by properties being included in the 22A prohibited list. BRSLP deputy leader and former Minister T Harish Rao announced a panel of 10 advocates led by advocate Kalyan in this regard.

He demanded the immediate removal of wrongly included properties from the prohibited list and sought action against officials. He also sought the removal of Revenue Minister Ponguleti Srinivas Reddy from the Cabinet. He warned that the BRS would mobilise victims for a protest at the Chief Minister’s residence if the government failed to respond within a day or two.


Following a meeting with 22A victims at Telangana Bhavan on Wednesday, Harish Rao assured them that the BRS would stand by them and urged them not to sell their properties at distress prices or pay commissions to get restrictions removed. He said victims could approach the BRS legal cell for free legal assistance.

“Properties in approved layouts and houses purchased decades ago are being brought under 22A restrictions. The government itself is allowing the system to be exploited for commissions and settlements,” he remarked. He suspected a major conspiracy over the inclusion of even approved layouts and apartments in the prohibited list.

Citing specific cases, the BRSLP deputy leader stated that 30 acres in survey numbers 282, 283 and 284 in Budvel were cleared from the 22A list overnight, while properties in Serilingampally were allegedly removed and later re-entered into the prohibited list. He also raised the issue of 500 houses in Ameenpur’s KSR Colony being included in the prohibited list despite a Supreme Court judgment.

Harish Rao questioned the government’s handling of the issue, pointing to differing statements by Minister Ponguleti Srinivas Reddy and officials over the inclusion of private lands in the 22A list. He also asked why Chief Minister A Revanth Reddy had not ordered a CID inquiry despite claims by Minister Komatireddy Venkata Reddy that 40,000 acres in Yadadri Bhongir district had been included in the list.

Former Minister P Sabitha Indra Reddy alleged that the 22A restrictions had a hidden motive and demanded an explanation for how decades-old houses and properties were suddenly included in the prohibited list. She said the BRS, under former Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao’s leadership, would continue to fight for the victims and expose the reasons behind the restrictions.

[]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *