HealthHyderabadLatest NewsTelanganaTOP STORIES

Telangana Covid-19: 2892 new cases and 10 deaths

Hyderabad: Telangana recorded 2,892 new Covid-19 infections and ten fatalities on Tuesday, taking the overall toll to 846 and the cumulative number of positive cases so far to 1,30,589, out of which the total active cases are 32,341.

A total of 2,240 persons have recovered on Tuesday, taking the overall Covid-19 recoveries in the State to 97,402 with a recovery rate of 74.5 percent while the countrywide recovery rate is at 77.02 per cent.

Between Monday and Tuesday, the health authorities conducted 59,421 Covid tests in the State while reports of another 2, 255 samples are awaited. Overall, so far authorities have conducted 14,83,267 Covid-19 tests in the State since the outbreak of the pandemic out of which 1,30,589 have tested positive and 97,402 persons have recovered.

A total of 25,271 Covid-19 positive patients, out of 32,341 active cases, are under home isolation across the State while 7, 070 positive cases are in institutional care. Out of the 1,30,589 positive cases, 90,106 Covid positive cases are asymptomatic in the State, which is 69 per cent of the total positive cases while the remaining 31 per cent i.e. 40, 483 Covid positive persons have symptoms.

According to the health bulletin, of the 846 Covid related fatalities in the State, 46.13 per cent of persons who died did not have any pre-existing medical conditions while the remaining 53.87 per cent of fatalities had comorbidities like hypertension, diabetes, chronic conditions of the heart, lung and kidneys.

The Covid-19 positive cases reported from all the districts include 38 from Adilabad, 81 from Bhadradri, 477 from areas under GHMC, 102 from Jagtiyal, 43 from Jangaon, 21 from Bhupalapally, 28 from Gadwal, 64 from Kamareddy, 152 from Karimnagar, 128 from Khammam, 13 from Komarambheem Asifabad, 53 from Mahabubnagar, 61 from Mahabubabad, 83 from Mancherial, 32 from Medak, 192 from Medchal Malkajgiri, 27 Mulugu, 45 from Nagarkurnool, 174 from Nalgonda, 12 from Narayanpet, 31 from Nirmal, 110 from Nizamabad, 85 from Peddapally, 39 from Siricilla, 234 from Rangareddy, 71 from Sangareddy, 108 each from Siddipet and Suryapet, 15 from Vikarabad, 51 from Wanaparthy, 38 from Warangal Rural, 116 from Warangal Urban and 60 positive cases from Yadadri Bhongir.

Comment here